Blessings on VASUDEVA DWADASHI
Vasudeva Dwadashi is observed to honour Lord Krishna (Vasudeva is one of his 108 names). Lord Krishna is the most celebrated avatar or incarnation of one of the hindu Trinity, Lord Vishnu. Vasudeva Dwadashi falls on Ashadha Shukla Dwadashi, just after the auspicious day i.e. Devshayani Ekadashi. This day marks the onset of Chaturmas (four monsoon months). It is believed that those who strictly follow rituals for these four holy months namely, Ashadha, Shravan, Bhadrapad and Ashwin, attain eternal bliss and gain freedom from the cycle of birth and death.
According to the holy Vedas and Puranas, Lord Vishnu represents Ekadashi and Goddess MahaLakshmi represents Dwadashi. A day long fast is observed to appease Lord Krishna on Vasudeva Dwadashi. It is considered very auspicious to donate rice, fruits and clothes to the priest on this day.
Offering Puja and Homam to Lord Vishnu benefits the devotee with innumerable gains and salvation of the soul. It is believed that this day holds a great significance in hindu mythology. Those who observe fast on this auspicious day gets freed from all kinds of misdeeds done in past and present life. Those not blessed with a child or son, can also perform this pooja as it has proved highly beneficial for blessing couples with a child.
There are rituals performed in the Lord Vishnu Puja:
- The devotees take bath early in the morning and wear clean clothes.
- They observe a day long fast to honour Lord Vishnu/Lord Vasudeva.
- The devotees perform puja for Lord Vishnu and Goddess Lakshmi.
- They offer flowers, incense, water, lamp and a hand fan to the Lord’s idol.
- The devotees should offer Panch Amrit to the God and Goddess; it is contemplated endearing to the God.
- Singing Bhajans euloging Lord Vishnu appeases the Lord and the devotees are blessed with a peaceful soul and a prosperous life.
- Chanting Vishnu Sahasranam and other Lord Vishnu mantra are considered profusely auspicious.
Performing Lord Vishnu Puja on this propitious day is believed to remove every kind of suffering and hindrances coming in the way of the devotees.
|| LORD GANESHA BLESS YOU ||