About Vishnu Sahasranam
Vishnu Sahasranam is 1000 names of the God Vishnu. Vishnu Sahasranam Strota is indeed is a hymn eulogizing the Goddess, by recitation thousand names of him. Vishnu Sahasranam describes the names of Lord Vishnu the Supreme Being.
Vishnu Sahasranam is in the name of Lord Vishnu, who is the Supreme Being. Chanting of the Vishnu Sahasranam with devotion and dedication enables to invoke the Goddess blessings and boons. .
Although the Vishnu Sahasranam has 1000 names of Vishnu here are a few of them :
- Bhoota- bhavya
The Vishnu Sahasranam Puja includes:
The puja includes requirements of materials such as: Idol of Lord, Diya, Lamps, and Incense sticks, leaves of mango trees, gangajal, vermilion, and even turmeric, along with Akshath. You would also require fruits and flower, betel nuts etc. On the day of the Vishnu Sahasranam Path at home observe fast. Chant the Vishnu Mantra 108 times, followed by Narayan Mantra. Wash the idol of Lord Vishnu with Charnamrit and offer flowers and fruits to the God. At the same time light the lamps of ghee and incense sticks, in front of the idol.
Benefits of the Vishnu Sahasranam:
- To get fearlessness and desired boons in life you can chant the Vishnu Sahasranam.
- Vishnu Sahasranam brings good luck and Auspiciousness in life.
- Vishnu Sahasranam brings Peace and Prosperity in the lives of the chanters.
- It enables in bringing the trapped wealth and materialistic pleasures in life.
- Reduces the sins of the chanter, and relives the chanter from cycle of re- birth.
- It gives the chanter the gift of Moksha.
- Vishnu Sahasranam enables the chanter to face all the hurdles in life.
- This text when chanted increase longitivity and enhance health of the chanter .
- Vishnu Sahasranam invokes the divine blessings of Lord Vishnu that helps in getting the desired Goals in life.
- The scholars and learned people believe tht those who recite this text it would lead to a path of righteousness and deliver us from all evils.