Agniveer registration for Air Force started on June 24, 2022,underthe recruitment plan of ‘AgnipathScheme 2022’.
The Scheme was launched by the Central Government on June 14, 2022.
Although its aim is to hire Indian youth in the Defence and Armed forces Academy yet it faced widespread opposition in the nation.
The Air Force released an outline for enrolment of the desirous candidates. Few important points of the notification shared by IAF:
- Candidates recruited via Agnipath will be called Agniveers. They will be governed under the Air Force act 1950 for four years. These Agniveers are going to be in a distinct rank in the IAF, different from the existing ranks.
- As per the Scheme after four years of learning and training Agniveers will return to civilian society.And based on the Skill-setand the competency level acquired at the end of the period a detailed Certificate will be given.
- After completion of 4yearsthey can apply for enrolment in the IAF as a regular cadre(as per the policies and requirements of the IAF). As an IAF cadre,they will come underregulations ofthe existing terms and conditions of Airmen/NCs (E) services in the Indian Air Force.
- One important thing to note is thatthe centralized board at Air Force after scrutinizing Agniveersapplications will accept only 25% of the strength ofthe Agniveersbatch. Rest of the 75% will have to go back.
- And Agniveerswon’t be selected for any enrolmentinto the Armed Forces. It will be totally at the discretion of the Government.
The eligibility criteria listed by the Air Force haveinformation on examination fees, terms & conditions, age limits, and medical standards.Also mentioned are the financial benefits with respect to Salary, and insurance.
There is a change in the age bracket under Agnipath 2022,now they have changed from 16.5 years to 17.5 years to 21 years. But for the current year 2022 selections, they have raised the upper age limit from 21 to 23 years. To compensate for the recruitment freeze implemented during the Coronavirus pandemic for almost two years.
‘Agniveer Corpus Fund’ is one of the beneficial points disclosed in the summary. It is a non-lapsable dedicated ‘AgniveerCorpus Fund’ which will be administered and maintained under theaegis of the Ministry of Defence (MoD) / DMA.
- Each Agniveer is to contribute30% of his monthly income to the ‘Agniveer Corpus Fund’.
- Then on the amount accumulated in the fund Government will contributean interest rate equivalent to the Public ProvidentFund.
- Later after completion of tenure of four years as Agniveer, they will be eligible to receive the ‘Seva Nidhi’ package, comprising theircontribution (into the Agniveer Corpus Fund) and a parallel contributionfrom the Government along with the interest on the accumulated amount. The ‘Seva Nidhi’ amount is eligible to be exempted from Income Tax.
The selection procedures set for enrolment as ‘Agniveer’ and selection as ‘Indian Air Force Cadre’ has been notified in detail in the below link to the IAF site
Indian Air Force brief and notification for Agniveervayu intake from 24th June to 05 July 2022
Besides IAF, the army had also releaseda notification on June 20 while Navy guidelines were issued on June 25, 2022.
Important Dates for IAF
Registrations opened June 24, 2022, 1000 Hrs
Last date to apply July 5, 2022, 1700 Hrs
Online Exam will start July 24, 2022, onwards
Provisional Merit List December 1, 2022, displayed
Final Enrolment call December 11, 2022
Only ONLINE REGISTERED applications shall be accepted. For registration log in here
Following benefits will appeasethe rest ofthe 75%of recruits,who won’t be able to continue with IAF after four years
- Agniveers don’t have to contribute to the provident fund from theirsalary. Even if there won’t be an entitlement to gratuity and pensionary benefits,at the end of the four years, they will get 11.71 Lakhs as Seva Nidhi Package.
- During their 4 years tenure with the Air Force non-contributor Life Insurance coverage of Rs 48 lakhswill be given.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh approved a proposal for 10% of the job vacancies in the Ministry of Defence for Agniveers,who fulfilthe required eligibility criteria.
- It will also be implemented in the Indian Coast Guard and defence posts, and all the 16 Defence Public Sector Undertakings (HAL, BEL, BEML, BDL, GRSE, GSL, HSL, MDL, Midhani, AVNL, AWEIL, MIL, YIL, GIL, IOL, TCL).
- If required age relaxation provision can be made for the recruitment of Agniveers to the above posts
- After consulting Defence authorities ‘The National Institute of Open Schooling’ announced that they will introducecustomized courses or special programmesforAgniveers who are 10th class pass to complete their education and obtain a 12th class pass certificate.
- Education Ministry has decided to launch Degree programme for Agniveers
- Three years skill-based bachelor’s degree programme based on the skill training received by them at Air Force. It has been designed by IGNOU and will be executed by them.
- There is provision for exit points during the course –
- Undergraduate Certificate will be given if Agniveer wants to quitafter successful completion of the first-year
- Whereas on completion of the first and second-year coursesthey will get Undergraduate Diploma
- Finally, Degreewill be awarded only on completion of all the courses duringthe three-yeartime frame.
- The Ministry of Skill Development, Skill India and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) collaboration with various wings of the Armed Forces is an appealing feature. Their purpose is to provide additional skillswhich will equipAgniveersfor civilian jobs.
- Skill India certification for Agniveerswill surely enable them to pursue jobopportunities and entrepreneurship.
- Based on the educational qualifications and skills of Agniveers, The Public Sector Banks (PSBs), Public Sector Insurance Companies (PSICs) and Financial Institutions (FIs) wouldsearch the employment opportunities for them.
- In fact, banks may look for possibilities of providingfinancial support to Agniveers for skill up-gradation, setting up business education and taking up self-employment.
- For such support to Agniveersthe existing Government schemes such as MUDRA, Stand Up India etc can be utilised.
- Home Ministry also come forward fora 10 % reservation in Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) and Assam Rifles vacancies.
- Home Ministry has further announced that for recruitment into the CAPFs and Assam Rifles it will give three years of age relaxation to the Agniveer beyond the maximum age limit prescribed.
- States like Assam, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Haryana, Arunachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand and Karnataka have already announced supportive measures for the Agniveers.
As a matter of fact, for the first batch of Agniveers, the age limit has been relaxedup to 5 years beyond the customary age limit.
Besides, many Corporate Houses and Industries have appreciated the recruitment changes under ‘Agnipath Scheme 2022’. As they believe thathighly trained, disciplined and technologically superiorAgniveers will prove to be aworthyofficialfor their organizations