Maharishi Dayanand Saraswati Jayanti
Dayanand Saraswati was born on February 12, 1824. He was a Hindu religious leader who founded the Arya Samaj in 1875. Maharishi Dayanand worked towards reviving Vedic ideologies. Dayanand Saraswati's philosophies are based upon the policy known as 'Krinvanto Vishwamaryam' meant to offer maximum help to people spread all over. He was one of the strong and courageous personalities who came forward to provide better to the mankind. Arya Samaj provided a unique direction towards mankind. He removed old practices of casteism
Dayanand Saraswati's Mission
Dayanand was never to start a new religion or faith but to serve mankind. For this purpose, he founded Arya Samaj enunciating the Ten Universal Principles as a code for Universalism Krinvanto Vishwaryam meaning the whole world be an abode for Nobles (Aryas).
Maharishi Dayanand Saraswati Jayanti Celebration :
- • Followers spread out the messages and teachings of the Maharishi.
- • Widow marriages are performed on the large scale. This was encouraged by Maharishi Dayanand.
- • Focus has been increased on the common language. This was created by Maharishi Dayanand for the benefits of future generations.
- • Special programmes are organised in various educational institution.
- • Other activities like environmental initiatives, charitable activities etc.
Few teachings of Maharishi Dayanand Saraswati
- I believe in that which was true in past ,which is true at present and which will be true in future also. I am not starting any new religion or any new thought but whatever it was being taught in old times in aryavart from Rishi Brahma to Rishi Jamini. I am propagating that only
- I am a sage so even due to your bad behavior I will never think bad of you.Go,god will give you right power to think
- The people of our country do not know the value of time. Its difficult for them to work under discipline from morning to evening, their all worked is disturbed; wastage of time is a cause of downfall in our country.
- My sayings are like a bitter medicine which although brings some discomfort but they are good for everyone. Whatever the present day people says about me, but the coming generations will definitely learn and consider my teachings.
- When one arya is alone he should do self reading, when two they should discuss and ask question answers within them, when more then two then they should do satsang and read any chapter of Vedas.
- We have to make people soft who are hard, to attract those who are far, if they do bad for us then even considering our aim we should always love them
- The main aim of education is to create humans awareness so that they can understand the difference between the truth and untruth. Even by understanding if anyone does not practice it he is like a thief
- Mother, father and teacher are best guides of a person, that person is real lucky whose parents are virtuous as they will always guide him to the right way and always thinks good for him
- A man become good by helping others while other man never thinks bad of anyone, they both are true.so,we should not even think of doing bad for anyone, doing bad is far away
- I consider almighty god above all so only I always propagate his true message of Vedas
- As breathing is necessary for us daily in the same way practicing of yoga, praying to god, reading of Vedas and agnihotram is necessary and should be done daily.
- Those who help others they are helped by the god
- They are real true persons who in this body with both happiness and sorrow never leave the true path of Dharma
- We should never say lie, never leave the path of dharma due to fear of critics or due to any greed
Book a Puja